Shaping the building products industry for more than 110 years
At Chase Construction NW, Inc. we work with a variety of products, and today we are going to focus on just one – CertanTeed. This company was founded in 1904 by George Brown, and after 13 years in business, the slogan for the General Roofing Manufacturing Company was so popular, they changed the name of the company! “Quality made certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed.” That’s how the name CertainTeed was born!
Since it’s start, this company has grown as a premier asphalt shingle manufacturer. In the 1960’s the company expanded to include fiberglass insulation and PVC pipes, leading to the introduction of solid vinyl siding. Recently in 2007, the company added Gypsum and ceilings to their scope of building materials as well! In 2015, CertainTeed re-established themselves in a new state of the art headquarter building that showcases 40 products! Since this new building has an open floor plan, it enables the research team to test the impact of the products in a real environment, providing the company with the ability to innovate better products and solutions for consumers.
As you can see, CertainTeed has a lot of building products in their repertoire, but lets focus on residential roofing products. “With more than 300 roofing options to choose from, and quality standards that lead the industry, you can rest easily knowing CertainTeed has you covered.”
Asphalt Shingles are the most commonly used residential roofing product on the market, and CertanTeed manufactures a wide variety of styles and colors. With shingles for every taste, they are sure to have the right one for you!
- Strip shingles are the most basic type. They are single layer shingles and generally designed to look like slate. CertainTeed strip shingles are: CT™ 20, XT™ 25, and XT™ 30.
- Dimensional shingles are typically heavier weight than strip shingles and are manufactured with multiple layers. CertainTeed’s Landmark® Series Roofing Shingle is a dimensional shingle that features tri-laminate technology.
- CertianTeed Premium roofing shingles are Grand Manor®, Presidential Shake® TL, and Carriage House®. Like most premium roofing shingles, they include enhanced aesthetics, increased design element and are laminated.
Waterproofing is very important in the roofing industry, and a good underlayment prevents leaks from wind driven rain, and ice dams on vulnerable areas on the roof. Used as a water resistant layer beneath the shingle, CertainTeed manufactures several grades of underlayment.
- ShingleFelt® 30 is the utility grade felt underlayment.
- The fiber glass reinforced felt underlayment is Roofers’ Select®.
- They also manufacture high performance synthetic underlayments called DiamondDeck® and WinterGuard®.
Starter shingles provide extra protection to your roof with out taking away from the overall design, and they save time on the application! CertainTeed manufactures starter shingles under the product names Swiftstart® to be used with the Landmark® series and High Performance Starter to be used with Grand Manor®, Highland Slate® and Hatteras® shingles.
Carrying the same warranty as the shingles applied to the roof deck, hip and ridge shingles come in a variety of options to complete the look of your new roof. Check out ShadowRidge® and Mountain Ridge®.
For 15 years now, Chase Construction NW, Inc. has installed quality roofs for satisfied customers. Being trained and certified in a wide variety of roofing systems and material, you are sure to find the right one for your project, and we can help! Our knowledgable and professional estimators will leave you feeling confident with any decision you make. So you if you are wanting to replace your roof with a CertainTeed roofing system, or any other system, we can do it for you! Just looking for a repair? We can do that too! Contact us today for a free estimate, we will evaluate your roof and provide you with a proposal free from pressure. Why wait, call today! 253.445.8950. Or fill out our quick estimate form! We look forward to working with you!