A complete roofing system includes field shingles, starter shingles, hip and ridge shingles, underlayment, leak barrier, pipe boots and proper roof ventilation. There are many different options for each of these key components of the roofing system. Roofing underlayment is critical to the roofing systems longevity and overall effectiveness, and is especially critical in areas like Tacoma, Puyallup and Seattle Washington where we get a lot of rain.
Chase Construction NW Inc. has installed virtually every type of roofing underlayment on the market in Tacoma, Seattle, Puyallup and the surrounding Puget Sound cities. After our many years of experience we have found our favorite underlayment, GAF’s Tiger Paw synthetic roofing underlayment. Tiger Paw Synthetic underlayment is not only superior for its application on the roof, but its much easier on our installers as well. Here are some of the features of the new underlayment.
• Safer for Installers: It’s specially designed surface helps provide excellent walkability for installers versus conventional felts, or typical synthetic underlayment’s.
• Special Moisture Control Design: This helps remove nearly twice as much damaging moisture from your roof deck as the leading synthetic non-breathable underlayment.*As per ASTM D570-modified.
• Stronger: The synthetic non-woven construction provides at least 600%, or at least 7 x’s greater tear strength than standard #30 felt.
• Lightweight: At 40 lbs. per roll, it’s approximately 33% lighter that a roll of #30 felt.
• Installs Faster: The 10 square, 48” wide roll installs up to 33% faster than conventional felts.
• Roll Length: 250 feet; Roll Width: 48”; Total Area: 10 squares (1,000 sq. ft.); Roll Weight: 40 lbs.
Check out the photos below to view Tiger Paw Synthetic roofing underlayment of jobs that we have performed in the Puget Sound area.
A quality roofer in Tacoma, Puyallup and Seattle will always use a roofing underlayment on your home when performing a re-roof. Do not settle for a fly-by-night roofer re-using the old underlayment in your new roof system, or cutting corners by not using underlayment at all.
Make sure you verify your contractors credentials before you hire or sign a contract to verify that they are a safe choice for your project. Please read How to safely hire a roofing contractor for some critical information that can help you make a safe choice, and avoid becoming a victim in the world of crooked contractors.
Check out what our customer are saying about us on Google Places!
For more information on complete roofing systems or to request a free estimate in Tacoma, Puyallup, Seattle or the surrounding Puget Sound areas please visit our free estimate page.
Thanks for reading our roof life blog, and cheers from our family to yours.
Photographer for bottom two photos: Barbara Retelle