When gauging the condition of a commercial roof, it’s important to remember that there are options beyond the typical repair or tear off. In many cases, coating may in fact
be the best choice. Here at Chase Construction North West Inc., we have years of experience in such coating work and would love to discuss the rationale for, and benefits of such a system at one of our free estimates. Here are 10 reasons that coating your commercial roof may be the best option for your next roofing project.
1. If your roof is sound but needs reflectivity, coating can help. As long as the structure doesn’t contain any wet insulation or active leaks, coating extends the life of your roof membrane. It does so by protecting it from harmful UV rays that can spur on ”alligatoring”, as well as reducing heat that causes thermal expansion and contraction. Too much of such expansion and contraction can age the membrane causing cracks, split seams, and blisters to form prematurely.
2. Coating reduces heat transfer into the structure and consequently reduces air- conditioning costs. This provides major energy savings. A cool versus dark roof can drop the temperature of your roof by up to 50 degrees F.
4. Boost the aesthetic value of the existing roof by making it a sleek white, or adding a color.
5. If your commercial building has tenants, this type of roofing job inconveniences tenants considerably less. These tenants won’t have to relocate for a period of time or bear noise, dirt, and other issues that can hinder their business productivity.
6. Coating reduces the risk of exposing the roof. Coating does not require a tear-off and therefore does not expose the roof to the elements. If the roof already has up-to-code insulation, it’s not necessary to tear it off to bring the roof up to code.
7. This roofing system is the lower-cost choice that still gives your roof the proper protection it needs.
8. In a commercial roof tear-off, there are many penetrations or equipment that would be difficult or costly to change, such as air conditioning systems. This problem area is avoided when using coating instead.
9. If you are planning on selling the building over the next few years, coating is a great choice for not investing too much, but still enhancing the appearance of the roof and extending its’ lifetime.
10. Lastly, coating is an excellent way to add an additional layer of protection to safeguard from leaks.
Coating is a cost-effective solution to extending the life of your roof. Additionally, there are many potential rebates and tax advantages since coatings are often considered a maintenance item. If you need help deciding if this service is right for your commercial roofing project, call Chase Construction North West Inc. today Puget Sound! One of our experienced project managers would love to gauge whether your roof is right for this type of job and explain the details and benefits. We provide services in King County and Pierce County, along with major cities such as Seattle, Tacoma, Puyallup, Federal Way, Renton, Auburn, Des Moines and all of the surrounding cities. Contact us today by filling out our free estimate form or calling us at 253-445-8950.
Check out a video of us coating a roof using GacoFlex roofing system!