Here at Chase Construction North West Inc., we partner with many worthy manufacturers in order to ensure that our customers get the best value and highest levels of safety and protection. One such company is Versico roofing systems– “one of the top three single-ply roofing system manufacturers in the U.S. by focusing its efforts on quality products and exceptional service”. Versico is also a leading technology developer in the commercial roofing industry.
Today we will be focusing on Versico’s EPDM membranes that offer a worthy solution for most low-slope roofing needs. The EPDM material is sturdy and durable and is backed by half a century of proven, in-field performance. Here are the top 10 reasons to choose Versico’s EPDM membrane.
1. The material is time tested in real world conditions. The black EPDM roofing system has been used for more than 50 years, and the white for more than 25 years. The testing of 30 years old systems showed tear, tensile strength, and flexibility all met or exceeded ASTM standards.
2. The EPDM has superior weathering resistance to UV exposure, heat, and mold.
3. EPDM is offered as a non-reinforced membrane which provides a full thickness of weathering materials with no internal scrim.
4. The material also has superior hail resistance, and numerous studies as well as real-world experiments have confirmed that EPDM’s 465% elongation and weathering resistance result in improved hail resistance and therefore, it has been given a UL2218 Class 4 rating.
5. EPDM is energy efficient and has been designed to adhere and provide benefits to southern and northern climates. The black EPDM helps to reduce heating costs, which are on average 3-5 times higher than air conditioning costs. The reflective white EPDM facilitates the reduction of cooling costs in warmer, southern climates. The cross-linked nature of the material can easily handle the heat of southern climates.
6. Next, the material provides rooftop safety for workers and installers. The EPDM’s dark-colored surface assists in melting frost, dew, and ice that can create slippery conditions on white membranes. A black EPDM offers similar benefits and can help reduce a roof’s snow load and dries much more quickly than a reflective roof.
7. EPDM is the most dimensionally stable membrane, remaining flexible in even the coldest and most extreme conditions.
8. The solar thermal benefits of black EPDM can also address possible condensation issues. Condensation that remains undetected in a roofing system can negatively affect the performance of paper insulation facers, weakening the bond between insulation and adhesive, and can have a detrimental effect on the insulation’s R-value, resulting in reduced thermal efficiency.
9. In order to improve the quality and consistency of their seams, Versico utilizes their labor-saving Quick-Applied Tape and pressure sensitive flashings. Electrical seaming equipment consumes natural resources and is dependent on the applicator using correct speed, temperature, and pressure to avoid false or cold welds.
10. EPDM also has fewer seems and is available in large 16’-wide to 30’-wide sheets for adhered applications, reducing the number of seams by up to 67% when compared to 10’ sheets.
Here at Chase Construction North West Inc., we have been efficiently and effectively installing roofing systems for over 13 years. Our crew comes highly trained and experienced, and specializes in all types of roofing services. We are the trusted choice and always produce happy customers who got exactly what they wanted and needed. Call us today Puget Sound! We provide services in King County and Pierce County, along with major cities such as Seattle, Tacoma, Puyallup, Federal Way, Renton, Auburn, Des Moines and all of the surrounding cities. Contact us today by filling out our free estimate form or calling us at 253-445-8950.